Senior School | International Baccalaureate
International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme is offered for the students in Year 11 and 12.
The IB Diploma Programme is an academically challenging curriculum developed for the students in their final two years of high school. The programme educates students with a high quality, internationally recognised curriculum which teaches them the skills needed to live, learn and work in a rapidly globalising world.
More than 3000 schools in more than 145 countries are authorised to offer IB programmes. Our school was accredited in 2001 as an IB World School and implements the Diploma Programme in Years 11 and 12.
Why IB Diploma Programme?
IB Diploma Programme is a challenging and balanced programme which prepares students for success at university and life beyond. It has been designed to address the intellectual, social, emotional and physical well-being of students and it has gained recognition and respect from the world's leading universities.
Students studying under the programme will:
• develop physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically
• acquire breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding while studying
courses from 6 subject groups
• develop the skills and a positive attitude toward learning that will prepare
them for higher education
• study at least two foreign languages and increase their understanding of cultures
• make connections across traditional academic disciplines and explore the nature
of knowledge through the programme's unique theory of knowledge course
• undertake in-depth research into an area of interest through the lens of one or
more academic disciplines in the extended essay
• enhance their personal and interpersonal development through creativity, activity
For further information about the IBO and its programmes, visit http://www.ibo.org.
Mr Nicholas Schulte
fon 0531 / 889210 - 23